Handlebar Moustache Survey by Luke of Upland, CA
Introducing Luke from Upland, CA
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I have been attempting to grow a handlebar for about 5 months. Have had a decent looking one for about 2 months. I’m 34 and this is the first time I’ve ever grown out the hair above my lip.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
No one that I know of has one. Just looked cool and stylish.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
My wife was not thrilled about me growing my mustache. All she ever knew was my baby face. It is now beginning to “grow” on her.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Rolly Fingers is from the area I live so people tell me “oh, you’re going for the Rolly fingers”.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality, behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Enjoy being the funny guy and different.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
Not yet but planning on it.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I quite like it.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I started with Clubman then man’s face stuff then Firehouse. I also use glue stick for the actual handlebars.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Gives him confidence.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I like it quite a bit although I’ve had those moments of wanting to shave it all off.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
I do have one shirt with more on the way.
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Pepper’n’Salt? Ginger? A bit of everything? Do you like it? Have you ever dyed it?
A little lighter than my hair. Dark browns, light browns and dark reds
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
It’s all good.
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
My wife says maybe but does not prevent it. I don’t like anyone touching the stache after I’ve just waxed it.
16. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I’m a mailman. Everyone has liked it for the most part.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
None that I know of yet.
19. Would you share your location?
Bonus Question by Josh: “Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?”
Will be for Halloween. Going to be Snidely Whiplash.
You may enjoy these related posts: