Handlebar Moustache Survey by Kevin Shahan
Click the picture to enlarge.
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I have had a moustache for about 9 months now and it has been in handlebar form for about 6 months.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I started off just trying to grow a Wyatt Earp style and it just morphed into a handlebar. My dad had a regular moustache for over 30 years but cut it off for a charity fundraiser and never grew it back. I guess I had to take the reins.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
My wife loved it once it got long enough to style. Others just think it’s cool.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
“Awesome stache” or “love the stache” is all I ever hear.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Nope. I am a pretty outgoing person anyway.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I think because that I have a lot of tattoos and spend a lot of time around “different” kinds of people it helps me be more comfortable with my handlebar.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
You’re just jealous.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I have tried Clubman and Firehouse.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Makes him more of a man.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I am pretty attached but it’s not all that I am.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
My hair is black naturally but my facial hair comes in with browns, blacks, and red. It’s pretty sweet.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
My wife loves it.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I am a mechanic with lots of tattoos so a handlebar moustache fits me.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Is stunning sexiness a super power?
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Eating wings and drinking milk is a challenge. When eating spicy wings, THROUGHLY clean your moustache before having relations with your wife
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I leave it down in a Wyatt Earp style because of the amount of sweating I do at work but if I’m going out, it gets styled up.
22. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well
None off hand.
23. Would you share your location and / or your age?
North Port FL 35
You may enjoy these related posts: