Handlebar Moustache Survey by Keith Shuskie
My name is Keith Shuskie…. and my son is Gabriel in the pic.
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
Going on about 2 1/2 months with my current stache and earlier in 2012 I had a stache. When I shaved it off the first time not only did my daughter cry, I felt naked.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I went to a friend’s birthday party which was Moustache themed and that’s when I realized I could actually grow one. While most people shaved theirs off afterward I kept it going! Also I never see the real deal here in Buffalo NY! The only person I’ve seen with a Handlebar in Buffalo is Timothy and I’ve only seen him on your webpage.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did yo
Click to ENLARGE
u get initially from your significant other?
Others reacted well and my significant other was a little on the fence about it. She grew to love it… Kind of…
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
I think the strangest is when people ask “Is it real?”… Then I respond sarcastically “Yeah, I’m that cheesy!”
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
It has transformed me into a classy gentleman.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I’m very outgoing and have always gone against the grain when it comes to fashion.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
No… But I look forward to doing so very soon.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I love it and that’s all that matters.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I love Firehouse Wacky Tacky! Great hold and smell.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Takes you from a life of normalcy into a life of extreme awesomeness.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I’m very attached to my Moustache and it would literally take direct instruction from God for me to shave it off.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
I have a moustache pin from Etsy’s Man’s Face Stuff store (I just ordered their wax as well).
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
This amazing site and Handlebarclub.co.uk… Haven’t been to too many others.
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
The color of my stache is the same as the hair on my head (Dark Brown)… Except for a few hairs here and there. Yes, I tried dying it the first time and I hated it… It turned out way too dark.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
I think you’ve covered all the bases!
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
My wife was not a fan the first time I grew the stache but, for some reason the second time she’s more of a fan. She loves how it tickles when we kiss… Haha Jk… It must be waxed off my lips!
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I’m the Music Director at my Church and I work at a hospital. I enjoy the how happy it makes people… Even if they are laughing at me. It’s always great to see a patient smiling! I’m also in a band called “Den of Lions” and the stache is something to remember us by… Besides the fact that we rock!! (-;
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
I’ve received free stuff because I have the stache and that’s pretty super!!!
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
I always make sure the stache is wiped off well after every meal…. Otherwise there will be an unpleasant stench later on in the day. I’m never tempted to shave it off because of food. Like I said it would take God’s direct instruction for me to shave this beaut.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
No not yet… But Captain Hook comes to mind for next Halloween!
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Buffalo, NY and I am 27!
You may enjoy these related posts: