Handlebar Moustache Survey by Jeremy Sammons of SF
Here’s Jeremy Sammons:
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache?
Woman I was dating suggested it. When a woman actually thinks you might look good with a handlebar mustache, that’s a perfect time to grow one!
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
They have been almost universally positive. Little kids pass me on the street and then tug on their mother’s shirts and say, “That man had a MUSTACHE!” I love it.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
I’ve had my photo taken with folks as part of a scavenger hunt, where one of the required things was to have a photo taken with a person who has a handlebar mustache. Highly amusing.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Definitely has had a change in my personality, making me more self-confident in general.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Every man should grow one at least once in their life. This last year was a perfect time to try it.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
Yes, the L.A. Beard and Mustache competition. But the competition was very stiff.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
It’s definitely awkward at first, especially in a business environment, but the comments are almost always positive.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I use pomade. Wax is useless…takes too long to apply, and hard to get out. I use Layrite Super-hold and regular hold as well. Starting out, I used Axe pomade, which actually works quite well for shorter mustaches and is inexpensive.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Makes him stand out and gives him a greater degree of self-confidence.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I think there may come a point where it is actually too long. But it will be a while before that happens. At that point I will think about cutting it down to a more manageable size.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?
Not yet…but soon!
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
Reviews on pomades
19. Would you share your location?
You may enjoy these related posts: