Handlebar Moustache Survey by Jason of Oklahoma
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
Currently 1 year. Had one previously for about 2 years, it came back in a few months.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache?
I was on a week long vacation and didn’t shave in that time. I decided to keep the moustache as that is all the facial hair I can have at work. I’ve always liked the handlebar moustache so I decided to let it grow.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Most people are indifferent, some think I look goofy and some think it looks great.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
It’s been called a caterpillar, porn-stache, cop-stache and I’m sure plenty more.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I believe it’s a confidence booster.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I enjoy reading about and viewing pictures of the Old West and they had some awesome handlebar mous
taches back then.
I also enjoy performing feats of strength and in my mind all of the Oldetime Strongmen had handlebar moustaches.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
No and no. From all the pics of contests I’ve seen my moustache would stand no chance. I would like to attend a contest though.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I have the handlebar moustache because I like it not because anybody else likes it or dislikes it.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I only use Firehouse Moustache Wax, the Wacky Tacky formula.
Thanks to Eric I’m going to try some glue soon.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
It is a confidence booster.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I would have to be ordered to trim it or shave it by my supervisor, which has happened. It came back several months later bigger and better.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
Not yet. I am very tempted to buy this though, http://www.luxchroma.com/mustache-p-23.html
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?
No. i would as long as I don’t have to shave my moustache to participate.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
I like product reviews, how-to, tips, pic galleries, competition pics and results.
16. Can you list here some links to online photos of your moustache I can use for this survey if published, or if you don’t have pics online, may I email you so you can send me what you would like to share?
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing?
It gets in the way, but I can deal with that.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
My moustache is like Samsons hair, it gives me supernatural strength
19. Would you share your location?
20. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well.
None at the moment.
Bonus Question by Josh: “Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?”
No. Great idea though.
You may enjoy these related posts: