Handlebar Moustache Survey by Goswami of India
- How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I started sporting a moustache after marriage. I was always clean-shaven during my bachelor days. Started to grow a handlebar moustache a year ago.
- What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
Click to ENLARGE
My ancestors and many of my relatives had/have a handlebar moustache so I was always attracted to it, one fine day I decided I want to have one like my grandpa and here it is.
- What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Initially, it was very encouraging from my friends and acquaintances, as I posted my first picture with a handlebar moustache. People started complimenting me for it. This reaction made my decision stronger to keep it. Once I was at a security check-in at an airport and the guy checking me said, “This style of moustache looks good on you Sir.”
- What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
No funny or strange comments but always complementing ones.
- Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression and sense of self?
Yes, of course. I’ve become more confident and started to enjoy this new found personality. My attitude towards life has gone towards positive side.
- What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I have a good physique (being regular at gym) hence I thought having a handlebar moustache would give me a better look
- Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
- It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
You must have a strong personality and confidence to carry it. Nothing can stop you unless you are confident about yourself.
- What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I use normal beeswax and sometimes I use ‘Clubman moustache wax’.
- What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
It makes the real ‘man’ in you come out and show.
- How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I have grown very fond of my moustache and would never want to cut if off, and would always grow it back.
- Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
Nothing yet, but would love to.
- Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
Not aware of any other site.
- All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
My hair on head have greyed a lot but my moustache is still younger with a very few strands of grey hair in between. I’ve never dyed it but do apply coloured wax on it sometimes.
- What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
More tips on maintaining it and some photo contests.
- How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
It does interfere with kissing sometimes, but I trim it regularly.
- What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I am a preacher and people coming to me are very much impressed by it.
- Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
If I talk about my confidence, then it does make me super confident.
- Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
- Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
- What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I prefer petite style, Haven’t tried varieties till now.
- Would you share your location and / or your age?
Pune, India. I’m 51