Handlebar Moustache Survey by Flanders42 of Chicago
- How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
Currently going on 3 months, however this is not the first time I’ve had one. I grew one out a couple of years ago that I kept for nearly a year.
- What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I’ve always been partial to the handlebar. Something about it just looks good.
- What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Click to ENLARGE
Most commonly I’m asked by my wife’s friends if I’m competing in a cartoon villain competition.
- What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
I think the strangest thing was one time a hair stylist asked if she could touch it.
- Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Not that I’m aware of, you had better ask my wife.
- What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I’ve always been a bit on the fringe.
- Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
None at all.
- It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Get over it, it’s my face after all, not yours.
- What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I don’t use wax all that much, that tacky feeling is something I can’t stand. So I usually only wax for special occasions.
- What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Not sure how to answer that, best circle back on that one.
- How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I’m split on this. While I do like it, and I do like having a mustache. I am not attached to it, for the simple fact that I can always grow another.
- Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
No, just the usual accouterments some oils, waxes, a Kent mustache comb
- Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
None come to mind.
- All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
It’s got two colors, brown and gray, which match what’s left of my manly mane. I’ve never dyed it, or even thought about it.
- What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
Nothing comes to mind.
- How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
Well I’m married, and the wife has always said she likes me better with a bit of fur on my face.
- What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I work in IT, so you can run the whole gambit of gents without a lick of hair on their heads to men who might be able to compete in a gorilla look-a-like contest.
- Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Yes, when it’s keeping it form nicely I have the ability to look absolutely dapper.
- Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
STRAWS, they are your friend. Eating isn’t that difficult I think, but drinking little droplets on the edge annoys the everlasting life out of me.
- Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
- What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I keep it pretty simple. Just a nice part in the middle and let the wings spread.
- Would you share your location and / or your age?
Chicago / 36