Handlebar Moustache Survey by Dug in Florida
- How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
This is my second mustache, growing one at work is tricky – the last boss said shave it off! That Boss got fired so I am at it again.
- What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
Growing my mustache was purely by accident. The first one I grew was a result of not shaving for a month while I was on vacation, came back and cleaned up but I just couldn’t shave under my nose, the general response was overwhelming and that was my encouragement to let it happen. Now that the bastard Boss is gone – this time is a Grudge Grow!
- What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Click to ENLARGE
I get the question about peoples reaction to my handlebar from time to time all I can say is my wife loves it and my girlfriend hates it… my mistress has to put up with it and frankly, we don’t really care what she thinks anyway, right!?! I have noticed people, men and women go out of their way to talk to me while I am moustached – way more than when I am clean shaven
- What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Both times I have grown my moustache, dudes never say anything negative about it. Women always have an opinion on it – and tell you whether you want to hear it of not. The twenty-somethings are the jokers; I have heard hundreds of mustache jokes.
- Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Speaking of my “stache” I will say that having such a spectacle to behold does add to my manly confidence. With such added confidence my arrogance is toned down and it seems as though I am taken seriously without ever having to overstate any issue. My jokes seem to be funnier and my performance in bed (the kitchen, the living room, on the hood of the truck, etc., etc.) is, according to my partners, super-fantastic! Muhahahaha!
- What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
The personality I discovered deep within me to grow my mustache comes from the fact I have always been regarded as manly. So this is just one refinement to this trait that actually requires little effort but offers a substantial payout.
- Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
Competing in at least one contest will most likely be forthcoming. While I have never attended one I have seen press about them and I believe I would do very well in the category. Of course I will have to train and learn the intricacies of the competition, but I am growing on the idea!
- It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Courage is required to start a handlebar creation and I won’t deny that one day I may be the subject of Handlebar ridicule. It is that day that I dread, simply because, my mustache will un-latch itself from it’s perch and whip the ass that said it to a bloody pulp… If that day should come, I hope I will be able to afford the therapy the poor bastard that said it will need to make a full recovery. But, seriously, yeah!
- What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
On the subject of styling products, I prefer a natural styling technique, twirling from after washing until dry. I enjoy the feel of it in between my fingers, it is further groomed while pondering important thoughts. I have not had the pleasure of using waxes and such, maybe one day i will.
- What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
My humble opinion of what a handlebar moustache does for a man isn’t important. That is as individual as ones taste in trucks or undergarments.
- How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I have experienced growing and removing my moustache and on all levels for me it is no big deal – it will return if I remove it and this is just a fact of life – and when I die, it wont matter at all.
- Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
The question of do I have or accumulated any moustache merchandise or memorabilia is very curious to me. I have a moustache and with that comes rock solid confidence that I do not need anything else. The answer is no.
- Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
I have no comment on recommending other sites for the moustached.
- All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
All about the color! I am a man of nature! Does a bear change color on a whim? Do battleships wish to be pink? I have the color that grows from within! I am the color of my handle bar moustache and my handlebar moustache is the color of me…
- What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
You know, what I would like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com is me!
- How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
Since having my handlebar mustachio my love life has returned to the time when I was a younger man and my vitality and endurance was limitless. My women and complete strangers, both men and women, paying such attention to my magnificent stache has rekindled the glowing embers of passion and verve to a roaring level. Particularly kissing and all things oral have an added dimension, I am told, that clean shaven men certainly cannot provide. Sure, to a lot of couples the novelty of having for the first time a handlebar-moustached man is a gratifying experience… but soon, I have found, it becomes a greedy requirement from the partner that keeps the razor a great distance from the lip.
- What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I have a very public job. Meeting strangers and convincing them that I am believable and represent character and integrity are paramount to my income earning ability. As I mentioned before, I am a confident individual and I pull this off in a grand manner! My co-workers have never said ANYTHING negative about my facial hair. I related earlier about being asked to remove my handlebar moustache and did so – because I am the bigger man and dutifully respectful. So, I have confirmed as with many things “nothing lasts forever” even a wicked bastard boss… I have my handlebar again and my job!
- Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
On the subject of handlebar moustaches and the correlation to super powers, I like to relate this tidbit: The day after I started growing my handlebar the worlds financial markets collapsed and great wealth and power was shifted. Coincidence? Well, I think not.
- Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
I do not think the men who desire to eat neatly and have a handlebar will ever enter my circle of friendship – therefore I choose not to respond to the question, thank you.
- Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
Styling for a particular purpose or event is the style I have grown so yes and no, you know!?!
- What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Over the weeks and months of growing my handlebar it is constantly developing. Let me ask you, have you ever trained a wild dragon? It is safe to say some techniques are learned on the run and if your alive at the end of the day-you remember what works and what doesn’t. That is exactly why I am an avid reader of handlebarmoustachelife.com
- Would you share your location and / or your age?
I am presently thriving in Orlando, Florida and I am north of the 50 year old mark