Handlebar Moustache Survey by Danny of Ohio
- How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
Have been working on handlebar stache for about 5 months. Have had some type of moustache for 30+ years.
- What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
Have always liked to be a little different. Hard to stand out being bald haha. No one in my family has had or ever had one as far as I know.
- What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Click to ENLARGE
All reactions have been favorable. Mostly from young people men and women alike. Usually I hear “I really like that.”
Thought my wife would laugh but she really likes it. She has been very understanding and has researched different products for me to try. She laughs because I spend more time in bathroom getting ready for the day than she does.
- What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Just one. One of the younger guys at work calls me scary old man.
- Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
- What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Just like being different.
- Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
- It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Haven’t heard that. But if I did I really wouldn’t care what they have to say.
- What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I use Gibbs Mohawk and moustache glue for mid stache and clubman for the curls.
They both give me all day hold, even in humid conditions.
Clubman very easy to use. I like the neutral for my grey/ multi brown stache.
Both wash out easy with soap and water.
I wash my beard and stache with Maestro beard wash. Smells great.
- What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
With the right clothes or hat it gives you a very distinguished look.
- How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
It grew on me haha. I’m kind of attached to it. No plans to get rid of.
- Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
- Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
Just articles in The Art of Manliness.
- All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
Have no hair to match. Used to color before handlebar but quit too much hassle.
- What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
- How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
Does not affect any of the above.
- What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
Auto factory. A lot of smiles out of coworkers and complete strangers have now come up to talk to me.
- Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
I pick up a better cell signal. Haha
- Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
I just make sure I always have a napkin at ready.
- Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
- What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I just want to have nice symmetrical curls. Not sure yet on how large I want to go.
- Would you share your location and / or your age?
Central Ohio/ 55