Handlebar Moustache Survey by Brian Rolley of Kentucky
Introducing Brian Rolley!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I been wearing the handlebar for around 2 months. Never really had much facial hair before other than maybe stubble or very short goatee.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
Tried growing a full beard for a couple months and just was so patchy other than my moustache. When I trimmed the beard down the moustache was already beginning to curl so I went with it.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Actually mostly positive. Sure, you do have to deal with some jokes, but the more you own your stache, the more people respect it.
As for my wife she rolled her eyes and laughed when she first saw it. Doesn’t care how I wear my facial hair as long as it’s groomed.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
People say all kinds of funny things. But I like the jokes the most about tying people to railroad tracks. I think I look a little villain.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
More self-confident, and I tend to dress better. Handlebars demand a little class, I think.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I’m a barber and went to BeardCon in Ohio and was hooked. Seeing so many different well groomed facial hair styles was amazing. Since I work in the industry I wanted to see what I could do.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Who cares what other think? Truthfully no matter what you wear or what you do in life someone is gonna think your of silly or stupid. It’s your life wear it, work it, live it the way you see fit.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I use Sauvecito firm hold pomade. It doesn’t build up and doesn’t feel as greasy as others I’ve tried.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Adds class and confidence.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I’d really like to see how long I can let it grow but you never know I could grow tired of it.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
Yeah, I have Triplett daughters who love to buy me tons of stuff.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
14. All about color How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
I do dye it with just for men so that it matches my hair better. It has a lot of gray in it.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
History of handlebar and pictorial history maybe even most recognizable handlebars.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
I’m married so it hasn’t had any effects. But I think it’s taken my wife a little getting used to kissing with it.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
Being a barber it goes hand and hand. My coworkers love it. My customers seem to like it especially the kids.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
It does hypnotize a lot of people.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Just takes some getting used to. Keep a napkin handy.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
21. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well
Name your favorite movie character or historical figure with an handlebar moustache.
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Henderson, Ky. 38 years
You may enjoy these related posts: