Handlebar Moustache Survey by Brent Young of Atlanta
Introducing Brent Young!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
Currently I have had my handlebar moustache for 9 months. My history with moustaches (and beards) is typically off and on regularly.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I chose to grow my handlebar moustache for a delightful change and it has been just that. Delightful! No family history other my dad’s 70’s mustache during the 70’s.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
I can’t walk through a parking lot without getting stopped by someone passing me. It also been quite accepted by the ladies and I certainly was not expecting that. My girl loves it!!!
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
It always funny to hear what each person thinks I look like. It goes from Sherlock Holmes to a professor Super Mario. It seems to be endless.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Only an increase in self-esteem!
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
That I like change and simply don’t care what others think. A well maintained moustache demands respect.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
I plan on competing this beauty in Atlanta this December.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Others opinions are odd, silly, and stupid, so their comments are useless. They typically only come from the jealous and unable.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
King’s, Firehouse, and Stache Bomb. It typically depends on what style/shape I am striving for. Lately, I have been using the Stache Bomb on the body, then tighten the curls with one of the other firmer waxes (King’s or Firehouse).
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I typically alter my facial hair, but I do not see the handlebars leaving anytime soon.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
Only shirts from some of the wax companies. Check out the Stach Bomb Mustache Wax logo. Killer!
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
Facebook groups has been the best sources for me. I can stay local.
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Pepper’n’Salt? Ginger? A bit of everything? Do you like it? Have you ever dyed it?
The carpet matches the curtains. All brown.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
Looks good to me.
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
My girl loves the scent and feel of it. Loves it!!!
16. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I am in the banking industry. My superiors don’t seem to mind, my co-workers love it, and fortunately I do not have any direct contact with clients.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Only to slice titanium with my finger-tips. Other than that, I’m pretty normal.
19. Would you share your location?
20. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well
Do others that you associate with wear a handlebar moustache or any other facial hair?
Bonus Question by Josh: “Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?”
This year I’ll dressing very Steampunk. It fits splendidly.
You may enjoy these related posts: