Handlebar Moustache Survey by Bert of Atlanta
Click the image thumb to enlarge
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
Always had some facial hair, but very short. Work in progress on handlebar of 4 months
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I saw very cool handlebar while out and just decided I wanted a handlebar moustache for my birthday and here we are. Also enjoy history and there have been some really awesome staches from the past that give me inspiration.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Most said, it sure is getting long. SO thinks I have lost my mind, but for the most part getting lots of positive feedback on the look.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Little kids tell mom to look at me
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I feel like it is my magic shield and now I can do anything.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I always did want to be in the middle of everything.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
Not yet – wait till I have it perfected.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Thank you for noticing me.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Hard Stuff for overall grooming – tried Captain Faucetts, but not really stiff enough. For the ends using a cream tube wax from Germany – very still and dries fast. Not waterproof though so have to be prepared to reapply.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Gives him a sense of style and power. It is hard to forget meeting someone with a handlebar.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I would fight right now, it is too new and I like it.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
Youtube had some good grooming tips
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
Grey and brown – the grey gives me my character so I will not dye any hair on my body.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
A gentle tug can be erotic, so no issues.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
Sales – coworkers either love it or do not say a word.
Customer will remember the dude with the big moustache so I hope it will help increase my business.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Yes – total protection from everything.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Still learning not to shove a taco in my mouth, but lots of napkins seem to keep it clean.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
Not yet, but October is not far.
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Whatever way it want to go that day, sometimes straight out, sometimes a curl. I tried to act like I did not have one and wore it down, but I could not wait to comb it back out.
23. Would you share your location and / or your age?