Handlebar Moustache Survey by Bernard of Portola Valley, CA
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?:
I have had a moustache since my early 20’s and have only shaved it off 2 or 3 times just to see what i look like with out one.(that only lasts a day or so) I stared to let my moustache grow out this past Jan. I used to keep it trimmed as close as I could get it but still have a shadow.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? :
After a couple of months it was already starting to get big and many of the people started to notice and like it, so i just kept on letting it go.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache?:
Almost all positive. Once at work I walked past a client and he stopped me and said “Your moustache is magnificent” and once a cop told me I had a great moustache.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?:
One girl told me I looked like I was trying to be a porn star.
5. I’ve found that having an handlebar moustache has had various effects on my personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression and so forth. Has having an handlebar moustache brought out changes in your self-expression, sense of self, behavior? Please elaborate.:
No I’m still the same person I have always been.
6. Many men with handlebar moustaches comment that they see themselves as non-conformists in some way, or as individualistic. Do you feel there is something like this in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache, or do you just like the look? Please elaborate.
I am not anywhere close to being main stream anything, never have been never will be.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. If you grew your handlebar moustache while in a relationship, what sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other? :
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
When I first tried the only thing i could find was cvs wax in a tube. That burned my lip. i use fire house light and dark and also bought a tin of hndlebars which gives me a better hold but smells so bad I almost never use it.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?:
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back? :
I can not ever see getting rid of it. I have already had to trim the center part because it was to long and the wax I had wouldn’t hold it up, and what a mess I made of that. I almost cut it off to start over but didn’t. It been about a month and it still isn’t back to normal.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look. :
I have bought 4 combs from Amazon and a flea comb from where I work.
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?:
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?:
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?:
16. Can you list here some links to online photos of your moustache I can use for this survey if published, or if you don’t have pics online, may I email you so you can send me what you would like to share?
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing? :
No love life here.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?:
Probably. I just haven’t discovered them!!!
19. Would you share your location?:
Portola Valley CA. just above Stanford University.
Click here to see the SITE MAP for a list of OVER 100 articles on this blog.
You may enjoy these related posts: