Handlebar Moustache Survey by Baldev Singh
Here is Baldev Singh. This guy has STYLE!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I’ve had a Moustache and Beard probably since age sixteen. Now, five years later, I’ve decided to try out the handlebar alongside my beard.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache?
Seeing a few actors sport them in movies. Decided, eh, why not try it out myself.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
As my moustache was always quite thick, there really was no growing period. As I played around with styles however, I got all sorts of reactions from friends. Either I looked like a 60’s Cartoon Villain, or an officer in the British Raj, etc, etc.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
“Can I touch it?”
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Made me feel quite a bit more proud about my appearance.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I sort of see the Handlebar Moustache as being the crowning touch to a well shaped and well groomed beard. A King just isn’t a King without his Crown.
And as I said above, I’ve always had a Moustache, just never did anything with it. Decided a change might be for the better.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Pull your pants up. Comb your hair. Put your hat on the right way. Why is your hair green?
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
As far as wax goes, I use Fire House Wacky Tacky. No preference on glue as of yet, only just started trying it out.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Take pride in his appearance. It also adds an air of wisdom about him. People tend to respect a well groomed Moustache and or Beard.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
Quite attached to it. Only way my Beard and Moustache are coming off is with a fire of some kind.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
Aside from the Wax? None.
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
This one isn’t related JUST to Moustaches, but it does feature some interesting articles about Facial Hair and Grooming:
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
More people taking this survey and posting their picture along side it.
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing?
Hasn’t really, and if it has, I’ve never been told it does.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Aside from being able to change the color of my moustache when eating my morning cereal and orange juice? Not really. My face is a lot warmer in the winter though, that’s always nice.
19. Would you share your location?
20. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well
Do you have a beard in addition to a handlebar moustache?
Yes, I do.
Bonus Question by Josh: “Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?”
I was a Detective last Halloween, if that counts.
You may enjoy these related posts: