Handlebar Moustache Survey by Avinash Iyer of India
Thanks, Avinash Iyer of India
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
This is my first time and have been sporting it for the last 4 months.
As a kid, I liked handlebars. I thought (and still do) gave men that majestic look. As an adult now, I wanted to experiment it. Wanted to know what it looks and feels like to have one.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache?
When I didn’t shave for sometime and had my face covered in beard, I had my ‘aha’ moment. Thought, ‘now I think I can have one. So, let’s try’.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
Wife was supportive. My kid likes it and so did a few others. I don’t remember anyone not liking it.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Many (complete strangers) thought I was either a serious writer or a policeman! I found that funny!
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Most of the times you remain conscious of your handlebar. Hence, you tend to behave more manly with loads of self-confidence and boldness. Though it may be a simple perception, one thing is for sure – you stop looking like a jerk.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Nothing in particular. Curiosity, perhaps.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Different people, different thoughts. I can’t control their likes and dislikes. I can control mine. I would just smile or shrug my shoulder and move on.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Gives him a chance to be more manly without being a menace to others.
The walk and the talk are definitely altered. You tend to be a bit more mature, and a bit more dignified.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I love it. However, I may have to shave it off if my love turns into obsession.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
13. Can you recommend some moustache web sites if you know any worth mentioning?
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
17. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, and does it interfere with the act of kissing?
My wife actually likes it. So, no problem.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Haha. Wish it could, but no
19. Would you share your location?
20. Please suggest a question you would like to see in this survey, and add your answer to it as well
Bonus Question by Josh: “Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?”
You may enjoy these related posts: