Handlebar Moustache Survey by Adrian Serrano of California
Presenting Adrian D. Serrano!
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I have mostly just had a beard for my whole life so the moustache was just always along for the ride. It has been two weeks with a handlebar moustache, and I don’t see it changing in a long time.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
After watching some Looney Tunes, I happened to stumble upon a Yosemite Sam episode, and I couldn’t help but admire his glorious moustache. So after the episode I decided to grow out my own handlebar moustache.
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
I was really happy that my fiancé was supportive of me growing it out, even after I said I might wear it for our wedding. I’m a very lucky man. I have many supporters and man nay-sayers. Most interesting was when someone wanted to touch it, as if it was going to bite them.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Since it’s only been 2 weeks, not much. Many have been calling me Poncho Villa, mainly because of my Mexican heritage.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I’m a little happier I think with a side of extra self-confidence. I feel as if I have set myself apart from others typically in the work place. Since I have to wear a suit to work and have many meetings throughout the day, I feel as if I get more attention.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
Silliness – definitely silliness.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
None, but would so love to go.
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
There are a select few who are opposed to it, and I say they’re jealous because many don’t have the facial hair to even attempt have such a courageous feature.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Only tried one, and it’s the Fire House Moustache Wax. I am really happy with the results.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
Ohhh man! Well, I have always had facial hair so I do believe I’ll die with it on. That’s what I would like to think. But since I’m only 25, I don’t know what the future holds for me and my handlebar moustache.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
None. My fiancé does have a necklace with a handlebar moustache on it.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
This is my first. So none sorry.
14. All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
I have two colors in my moustache but only one on my hair. I have dark brown on my hair, but a mixture of dark and light brown on my beard. And I couldn’t be happier. Also, no I have never dyed my hair.
15. What would you like to see on handlebarmoustachelife.com?
Hmm, maybe some videos on how to melt the wax or instructions how to style a Handlebar. Or even a handlebar of the week would be nice.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
Doesn’t get in the way of kissing, but fiancé has become more affectionate, especially in public places when she sees another woman staring. I think it’s funny.
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I am a Quality Engineer for an aerospace company. And so far there have been no repercussions.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
THE POWER TO BE COOLER!!!
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
Only one tip. STAY AWAY FROM RIBS!!
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
Not yet. Captain Hook, here I come!
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
Only one style so far. I guess original?
23. Would you share your location and / or your age?
Whittier, CA age 25
You may enjoy these related posts: