Handlebar Moustache Survey by BOB58JF
- How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I began this moustache in December 2013. I decided to grow my handlebar in February 2014. Oddly, I was not a fan of having a moustache before this. I sported a beard over 10 years ago without wearing a moustache, and a goatee several times with the moustache trimmed so the hairs were above my lip.
- What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
I saw a friend on Facebook with one and encouraged another friend to grow one. I decided then that one would be appropriate for me as well.
Click to ENLARGE
What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
There was no reaction during the growth process.
- What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Are you part of a barber shop quartet? Recently, I overheard a young girl whisper to her father that I had a big moustache.
- Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
I do not see myself any different. I was and continue to be amazed at the VERY positive response I get from strangers and customers at my workplace. There have been many compliments and nothing negative. I have even heard from former Handlebar owners as well.
- What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
- Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
- It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
Who are you to judge?
- What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Clubman it is the only one I have tried
- What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
It makes him stand out, and quite good looking
- How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
I cannot imagine removing it. Trimming the ends are possible
- Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
- Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
- All about color: How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
My moustache is mainly gray with some brown hairs (my normal color)
- How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
While waxed it appears few want to make contact, yet unwaxed is not nearly as awkward.
- What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
I work in a credit union. There has been no response from my coworkers, yet customers have complimented me often.
- Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
Are you serious?
- Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
No issues for me
- Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
- What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
The ends waxed into a curl
- Would you share your location and / or your age?