1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
1 Hour. Today began my epic journey into the handlebar community. I have had a full beard or some variation since my last day in the Air Force. As baseball season approaches I became inspired by the styles of old such as Mr. Handlebars himself Rawlie Fingers.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache?
As baseball season approaches I became inspired by the styles of old such as Mr. Handlebars himself Rawlie Fingers. I feel like as a society, much of us are reaching for moments of nostalgia, and I will carry one on my face 24 hours a day. You’re welcome America!
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
My Misses’ first words were “You are a nerd”. No other reactions yet, however all comments will be responded to with “indubitably” from this point forward.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
Looking forward to all comments.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Absolutely, I may just go to the grocery store just to strut.
6. What is it in your personality that drew you to growing a handlebar moustache?
I feel that I’m an ‘old spirit’. Constantly feeling like I was born a few decades too late. I yearn for a simpler time among all the chaos of technology and life itself.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
Today being my first go with the wax, by no means a pro here, I used my recently delivered ‘HNDLEBARS Moustache Wax’. I’ll update a review in the Handlebar Club Forum after I know what the hell I’m doing.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
More attached by the minute.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff? Include web site addresses if you have them so others can take a look.
14. Have you participated in online events like Moustache May, Movember or others, and what was that like?
I have just created my http://mobro.co/HandlebarHags mospace account for 2012 Movember. I will also participate in Moustache May.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
19. Would you share your location?
West Central Illinois
Did you like this post? Click the link below to save it to your own Favorites page to review it again later.
Visit my friends at The Handlebar Club Forum