Handlebar Moustache Survey by Mora
A salute to the fine moustache of Mora, from Albuquerque
1. How long have you had a handlebar moustache, and what is your history with moustaches?
I started growing my mustache Oct 2013.
This is the first time with the mustache. My dad has always had one ever since I was a little kid.
2. What moved you to grow a handlebar moustache? Do any relatives or ancestors have handlebar moustaches?
It was really to try something new, I can’t have any facial hair for my job except a mustache. So I figured I’d give it a try and what do you know, it grew on me.
Mora and his Handlebar Moustache
3. What are some of the reactions of others as you grew your handlebar moustache? What sort of reactions or comments did you get initially from your significant other?
I get a lot of comments on it. Mostly people ask how long it took to grow it. When I first started growing it she didn’t like it, it poked her face.
4. What are some of the funny or strange comments others have made about your handlebar moustache over time?
I have heard that I look like Bronson, the iron shiek. Nothing too strange.
5. Has having a handlebar moustache had any effects on your personality/behavior, attitude, self-expression, sense of self?
Not really I have always had the same personality regardless of facial hair.
7. Have you been in any moustache contests or attended any such gatherings?
No, nothing like that I work about 50 hours a week so I have limited time for anything
8. It takes courage to wear a handlebar moustache. What would you say to those who think you look odd, silly or stupid with it?
I’m sure there are plenty of people think I look stupid, usually people that could not pull it off.
9. What waxes, styling aids or glues to you prefer and why?
I have tried to use Capt. Fawcett’s mustache wax, I prefer non toxic glue stick. Seems to work the best.
10. What do you think a handlebar moustache does for a man?
Defines him for a person who isn’t afraid to try new things.
11. How attached are you to your handlebar moustache and what would it take for you to cut it off or remove the curls and not grow it back?
This was supposed to be just for Movember. But I have to say I have gotten pretty attached. I honestly don’t know what it wouldn’t take for me to remove it.
12. Have you accumulated any moustached merchandise, shirts, mugs or other stuff?
Would rock a shirt, but just haven’t come around to getting anything.
13. Can you recommend some other moustache web sites?
I haven’t really looked.
14. All about color
How closely does your moustache match the color of the hair on your head? How many colors are in your moustache? Do you like its color? Have you ever dyed it?
We’ll I rock the bald look. There are at least two colors brown and some blond ones here and there.
16. How has having a handlebar moustache affected your love life, dating, and does it interfere with kissing?
Hasn’t really affected anything but kissing, but I still haven’t stopped
17. What do you do for a living and what impact do you think your handlebar moustache has with customers, coworkers and superiors?
We’ll I am an asst. manager at discount tire. Customer’s don’t mind it. My name is on my shirt the best way they remember is the guy with the handlebar mustache. Most of the bosses like it.
18. Does your handlebar moustache give you any superpowers?
No powers that I know of.
19. Eating – neatly – can be a challenge with a larger moustache. Do you have any eating tips, or stories to share? Have you been tempted to remove the HB due to eating issues?
I try to comb it so it’s not in the way of anything.
20. Have you ever styled your mustache in a comical manner or specifically for a Halloween costume?
Thinking of doing a Wario from Mario brothers
21. What is your preferred style for your handlebar moustache, and do you do a variety of styles?
I usually just stick with the curls; nothing to extravagant.
22. Would you share your location and / or your age?